The Compensationsmixtur was invented by Musikdirektor F. Wilke of Neu-Ruppin, Germany, and first installed in the organ in the Church of St. Catherine, Salzwedel, Germany by Turley in 1838. It is a pedal mixture intended to provide clarity to the lower notes, which in Wilke's time had a tendency towards dullness and slowness of speech. To accomplish this goal, this stop descreases in strength as it ascends. Seidel, by way of Audsley, gives the composition of Wilke's stop as follows:
These are the only known examples, other than those mentioned above.